MASC – Community Program Director September 2020 to Present
- Managed community programming and partnerships for Ottawa-based arts organization focused on arts education and community engagement, mainly in Lowertown and Sandy Hill.
- Found creative ways to reach people during the Covid-19 global pandemic, including through online programming and programming at-a-distance.
- MASC’s community program received an award from the Lowertown Community Resource Centre in June 2021.
- Also served as Communications Director and managed marketing, communications, social media, media relations, and fundraising campaigns for the organization.
allsaints event space – Venue Manager April 2019 to December 2019
- Managed all booking and programming for four unique event spaces within allsaints event space, an inclusive urban space and community hub in Sandy Hill
- Coordinated a wide variety of events, such as weddings, celebrations of life, conferences, birthday parties, opera, dance, theatre, community fairs, meetings, award shows, workshops, concerts, festivals, and kids’ activities, including set up, catering, bar service, and audio-visual
- Handled marketing, communications, websites, and social media for venue and restaurant
- Collaborated on large events such as Intergenerational Day with Doors Open Ottawa and the launch of Working Title Terrace that included media opportunities with city councilors, members of parliament, and community partners
ONE WORLD FILM FESTIVAL – Festival Manager July 2015 to October 2015
- Programmed and managed Ottawa’s 26th annual documentary film festival at the National Gallery of Canada and Saint Paul University from September 24 to 27, 2015
- Negotiated screening fees with film distributors and arranged for shipping internationally
- Coordinated and maintained partnerships with venues and NGOs, as well as sponsorship with various local organizations and initiatives in Ottawa
- Supervised and delegated tasks to the Communications Coordinator, as well as the volunteers associated with the festival’s Organizing Committee and Screening Committee
- Designed and managed new website using WordPress with blog and social media links
- Organized screenings, panels, workshops, performances and social events for the festival, connecting with filmmakers, artists, hosts, panelists, and instructors
TEA HOUSE THEATRE – Venue Manager January 2015 to April 2015
- Programmed, managed, and promoted multiple arts events – theatre, music, opera, debate, cabaret, film, art openings – at the Tea House Theatre in the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens
- Wrote press releases, social media content, a monthly newsletter, and maintained correspondence with important contacts in the Vauxhall business community
- Produced and marketed sold-out fundraiser production of The Vagina Monologues with 15 London-based performers and raised over £1000.00 for Refuge domestic abuse charity
- Produced and marketed international transfer and London premiere of award-winning Canadian play Shadows by Margo MacDonald that attracted LGBT and feminist audiences
- Presented and marketed Olivier nominee, Royal Shakespeare Company actor Gerard Logan’s The Rape of Lucrece (Best Solo Show of the 2011 Edinburgh Festival – The Stage)
SECOND SKIN THEATRE – Creative Producer November 2011 to March 2013
- Launched and managed new venue, White Rabbit Theatre, at White Rabbit Cocktail Club in Stoke Newington with Artistic Director of award-winning company, Second Skin Theatre
- Commissioned new work for the company, produced London premieres of Doug Wright’s Quills and Jane Montgomery Griffiths’ Sappho…in 9 fragments, and provided dramaturgical feedback for plays in development
- Handled all finances for the company, negotiated contracts, secured necessary insurance
- Developed relationships with prominent theatre practitioners, playwrights, film makers, producers, agents, and media contacts in London and internationally
- Liaised with venue owners: scheduled auditions, rehearsals, and performances
- Maintained positive and mutually beneficial relationships with shop owners, local bloggers, and arts enthusiasts in the Stoke Newington community
- Organized and executed promotional events, preview performances, and openings
- Handled all marketing and publicity for the company, distribution of marketing materials, and invitations to reviewers to attend performances