Hi there! My name is Jessica Ruano, and I’m an Ottawa-based freelance writer and educator. Over the past 15 years, I have worked extensively as an arts & culture journalist for multiple publications, as well as in marketing and communications for numerous theatre companies, arts organizations, artists, local businesses, and festivals in Ottawa, Canada and London, United Kingdom. I have also directed, produced, and written for the theatre. Currently I am writing a memoir about queer relationships and unconventional parenting situations.
Since September 2020, I have worked at MASC as Communications Director and Community Program Director.
I am grateful to be living on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people with my daughter Joy Apitak.
Photo by Andrew Alexander.
Interested in working with me? Here’s what I can offer!
- Writing: articles, reviews, interviews, op-ed
- Editing: academic or creative writing, copyediting
- Marketing & Communications: press releases, media relations, social media, branding, promotion
- Teaching: drama classes workshops, coaching, guest lectures, university courses
- Event Management: planning, logistics, coordination, execution